I would say that the Martin household is ready for Halloween. Well..... almost! We are just so excited for it this year! I am still putting my costume together and my mom is putting together Brooke's costume (she might even be done with it!) I am so excited!! :) ....and of course Ben is ready! I can't wait! He is dressing up in a cop uniform (his!!) Whhoooo whoo.... I LOVE when he wears it!!
This weekend was BUUUUSY! We got up real early Saturday morning and went down to Valencia for my aunt's huge HOA Garage Sale Day! Their WHOLE neighborhood has garage sales! Whoever wants to... and the HOA advertizes! We got so many great deals and many useful objects! In fact we got two trash bags full of clothes, one trash bag full of toys, and a desk ALL for FREEEEE! You can't beat that! We had a great time! Then Sunday after church Tyler and Natalie Miller came over for dinner and Natalie and I played with my cricut. We had a great time! Afterwards we all watched Toy Story 3. Too cute!
Brooke has been pulling herself up on EVERYTHING!!! ...sometimes I don't get to her fast enough and she falls :( and bonks her head. Ugh! I hate it! She is such a tough girl though... and rarely cries. It still gives me a headache. I am always having to chase after her and be right behind her 24/7. She has a walker toy and she even used it to walk!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! We were at my aunt's house and she walked from the couch over to the dog's kennel (Chance.) Of course, she loves doggies! She thinks she can walk on her own though so it is hard to do anything without being right next to her. (I think I already wrote about this.... but it's obviously something that is a HUGE part of my life right now.) She even stood for about 5 seconds on her own today! Yay..... my big girl!
Ben is working overtime tonight! Ugh! He signed up to only work 2 hours of overtime but they were having issues and now he is there until 10pm. Bah humbug! Brooke and I just took him some dinner and let me tell you, it was a circus! I swear she waits until it's just her and I in the car to decide that she is starving! I had to pull over twice, make her bottle and comfort her. It's so hard to give her a bottle while I am driving. I don't know why she doesn't hold on to it for me.... oh well. I think I may have even poked her in the eye with the bottle... her cry made me cry. It broke my heart. Poor baby!....but she was fine once we got home and I took her out of her carseat. Why is it always a disaster when I go somewhere with her??
I am so excited because Ben and I finally got the money to get our screens done! Yay! Thanks to Braddin, his dad, and Wendy we are on our way to getting them! We were told Friday or maybe sometime this week!!! Yeepie!!! Of course not it is getting cold and we may not even need to use them for a few months, but we will have them! We are alos getting a window replaced and 2 patio door screens (one upstairs and one downstairs!)
Another exciting event coming up for us is the fact that we are getting family pictures taken in November! Brother (John) Hill is going to be our photographer. He also did our engagement pictures! I am so excited! Especially since we haven't gotten any professional pictures taken of Brooke. :(
Well, as you can see the computer is somewhat fixed. I can upload pictures to a few sites! I will take what I can for now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment